Summers at Stern Grove

I woke up at 6:37am to cook sushi rice. I packed tea, berries, peaches, nectarine, snacks, and then rolled sushi for my picnic. Along with chair, books, sketch book, bubbles, balloons for a day at the park.

I like to get to the park by 10am to find a parking spot by the entrance.

Getting there early has a particular spot to spread out on. Any later it is most likely difficult because places will have already been taken.

The shows start at 2pm in general and shows runs for two hours. It usually kicks off the season on Father's Day and ends in mid-August. www.sterngrove.org

Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue was great. I had trouble staying in my seat. I made room for 3 older beautiful elegant Slovanian women and two young European ladies. I love spending my summer Sundays here, munching and reading or doing art work.

I don't know what it is but I do love picnics like this, an all day event outdoors spending it leisurely. I think it is because when I was a toddler my family would do this with extended families and go on outings and it usually involves nature, food, games, and lots of good warm loving companies.