National Museum

Day 33
Last day, my cousin Chen Chen gave me free tickets to National Museum and it was the only day I had left to squeeze it in.  

These swords are 5 thousand years old. 

The creative details on them are just beautiful and amazing.  The things I didn't get to see in museums in China, I got to see in Taiwan.









Swords from Neolithic period.



More swords from various periods in China.









This is one of my favorite Buddhist images of Maitreya Bodhisattva from what is now Pakistan region, 823 BCE.  












Yes it is not allowed in the museum to take photos and I did anyways.  The cameras caught me and security guards were sent to follow me around each floor. Each floor a different security guard of the floor was notified to follow me.  I finally lost the last one when a tour bus of people flocked the floor.  

I also enjoyed the Chinese Calligraphy script and brush work section.  The scrolls were just amazing.  I like the one called "Market by the River" it's a mural scroll.  It depicted life of many different areas of social class and stages of life.  There were no women on the streets, they were all inside with children.  It was beautifully done.  

I had to race through all the artifacts on the floor with Islamic work.  That same floor also had beautiful work from Mongol and Russia, totally just beautiful.  

After the museum I still had plenty of time because my midnight plane is still hours away.  I decided to go to my favorite places that was near by to eat some more yummy food for dinner.  

At the airport I had to pay an extra 1,000 yuan ($30.) for over staying my no VISA 30 day entry by 2 days and I had to sign a form saying I can not enter the country until a whole year from now without a VISA.