LongShan Si

Day 18


This used to be the bus stop for years. Now they re-routed the bus route and the bus no longer comes down this way.




I like how there is grass and trees in center dividers.







I took a walk by the river. This area used to be a parking lot. Now it's turned into parks, basket ball courts, cycling routs and walking paths. This is also where we come to fire off fire works in the new years.





I took the bus to Long Shan Si. Bus #62 dropped me off right at the entrance to the street with shops of snacks and temple supplies. I like this one shop that makes these Sui Jian Bao. The dough is crispy and chewy on the outside. My favorite stuffing is cabbage.




Long Shan Si is also reachable by the metro you get off at Longshan Temple station and it takes you right to the the entrance gate.







These sticks and crescent moon chips are for people to ask questions pick out a stick then toss the chips to confirm it you have picked out the right stick.
Look at the crowd. People really believe in this particular temple to be accurate.

People burning incense.
Saying prayers for whatever they came for.











This temple is one of oldest in Taiwan with crafted dragon posts and gilded ceilings.









What is famously nearby is also the district of fresh herbs for your Traditional Chinese Medicine formulas or healings. It was fun to walk around and see the abundance of herbs even though I have no idea what I was looking at.