Old Bills, Service Charge

Day 21
I found some LongJing Dragon Well Tea in my uncle's tea stash. The color looked good, the texture looked like a good grade, and when steeped, tasted and smelled great. I had no idea he drank Dragon Well, I thought he only drank High Mountain tea.

I missed a big part of the day by sleeping through it. Just staying up till really early in the morning. My day did not start till 2:30pm. I took the metro to ZhongXiaoFuXing station to exit the #5 exit and wait for the free shuttle to JingHuaCheng or Living Mall. The Puppetry Art Center of Taipei is right next to it. Well, I missed the Puppet Museum time and it was closed by the time I got there so I hung out at the mall instead.

I ended up spending time at the Eslite bookstore and reading up on YiJing, Palmistry, Chinese Medicine. I found these books in comic form teaching basics in Chinese Medicine.


I then took the free shuttle to DongCue, the Eastern District or Section for dinner. One of the stops is the Peace Bell Square where it's loaded with places to eat cheap, on the run or a nice long expensive sit down and everything else in between. I found myself wondering into a street full of restaurant. The one I picked out is typical and economical. All the dishes are out on the bar and you pick whatever you like and you are charged by weight. The rice, soup, and dessert are included. I like how in Taiwan, brown rice and multigrain rice is a given. This rice, it is multigrain and looks simple but the chef here does it just right and everything is delicious. I am gonna need to learn how to make it at home.



This is a poster for Beijing Opera that will be performing in Taipei, they will be here a week after my departure. Too bad, I really like this particular performer, she really is a great actress.


A typical scene on the public bus. You get to know your neighbors really well. Fortunately people here are into good hygene.

I also went to the bank today to change currency and I had no idea that old US bills or the generation before this current one with eyes everywhere and numbers in code require a service charge of $3. Hmmm.... note for future, make sure to bring current crisp bills for exchange to avoid service charge.