XiMenDing and ShiLin Night Market

Day 18 con't
I took went to XiMenDing to hang out and crowd watch. This area is quiet the hang out place for high school students. This plaza is often used for celebrity PR. I got there before the school was out and before the crowd arrival.

















Then I took the metro and got off at Jiantan Station to enter the ShiLing Night Market. The market is divided into two parts separated by a street. From the metro station to the left is food court full of delicious stalls with tables and chairs. To the right is divided into two major sections one is the Movie theatre direction and the other is arcade section. There are food along the way but no seats all done standing or walking.


This is fried dough called Twins or "Xuang Bao Tai".


This is the classic grilled corn. I think the best are done in Taiwan. You pick out your corn and it is charged by weight. Then you pick out all the sauce and spices and topings you would like on your corn and the owner grills it to perfection.

This owner whose name I can't recall is famous for his grilled corn. He has been doing this for two decades. I did a taste test and I agree it is the best grilled corn around. The sauce is well coated into the corn and not burned but crispy and juicy. There is enough coating that you can still taste the corn but not over powering the corn. He is actually hard to locate. The night market has many streets that cross with this and that. I think I just get confused. He's actually not on the main street but tucked deep into the night market. I still think he was hard to find. Or Maybe I was just tired.