Martin Simpson


I met Martin Simpson back stage before the performance and heard him speak of his tour stories as he changed his strings. This is the first time encountering and I felt he had a very sweet, gentle, loving heart and someone who weathered a lot of hardship in his life. He was also very strong looking. If he wasn't such a great artist I would of thought he was a miner or builder someone who laid the foundation to things, or someone who would be in the front lines of pioneers who lead others in the unknown.

During sound check I realized he knew more than the sound man. I felt when he sang Jahova as the first song during sound check, it was a prayer he did before his performance. During the performance I was inspired by his arms and his ability to heal with his music. I really felt after this night, I should pick up guitar again.