Jacob Bringing Me My Jacob



This is my cousin Jacob and his sister. His father is my father's 2nd oldest brother. Second of a pair of twins. My parents are really into family relationships and were very happy to see him again. He now lives in New Zealand flying out the day after tomorrow.

His father died a few years ago out of malpractice. He went in for simple surgery and the doctor forgot to stitch him up on the inside and only stitched his skin up on the outside. So he was running an infection and a fever for a week, getting weaker and weaker. When they discovered this a week later he had been too weak for another surgery and he was also running a temperature from the infection and been bleeding for a week. He died, he was healthy and quite young and strong too. I was young then.

Years later, I dreamed of him telling me to tell his family that he knows they went to the grave to visit him and that he wants to them to know he knows. I felt weird to communicate this wondering why he can't just visit his family in their dreams and tell them himself. I just ignored him and the dream. I am very capable of ignoring. It's a skill I have perfected well in American culture. A few days later my father told me they went to his grave and visited him along with his immediate family. I was like wow! Maybe the dream thing is true. Maybe I should do something like call his family and tell them this.

In the dream he also complained and demanded to know why I didn't do anything for him for his funeral. I was totally dumb founded. I was a kid, in my opinion, as a Chinese girl, there is no say in family matter. Plus I had no idea he was not Christian and a Buddhist. I guess he was a closet Buddhist and he wanted a Buddhist funeral. But I figured his family was in charge and they would of made such arrangements as his request. Well, his brothers gave him a Christian funeral and he wasn't happy about it. I tried to explain that I had no idea, too young, no voice and I was powerless to play such a part and that his immediate family should have done something about it. Some how my uncle felt and thought different in his complaint.

Strange to me, who am I? A recent college graduate by skill and age but in terms of experience of the world, really just a kid. Who were we in past lives? Who are we as spirits? Why does he treat me as someone greater, stronger, influential, got it together?

In fact in body this life time, we were distant. Not estranged,it's just that my father's side I have over 100 living relatives, whom I can't seem to keep track of names etc.... because there are too many. I felt bad that he spoke to me as if I was someone better and more and that there was no excuse for my dullness and ignorance or whatever it is that I think it is. There are some things I am not getting in the spirit world, lots of things I can't seem to get my conciousness and human body to catch up to. It seems like a different dimension all together.