Where's Lance?

Tour de California





Went to San Jose Japantown today for lunch. It's my nephew Kevin's birthday. He tossed a coin and picked Japanese food over Italian. It was raining and we came across road blocks. We couldn't find parking etc... and almost decided to go somewhere else for lunch. The deciding factor was whether or not we had enough umbrellas in the car. The kids found them underneath seats and so we parked the car and walked. As we walked we discover the road was blocked for Tour de California. We decided to stand in the rain and wait for Lance Armstrong to pass by and cheer for him. You know when they are far away it seems like they're going slow but when they actually pass by, they pass by in a flash. So where is Lance? Which one is him? I have no idea. He flashed right by.





We ate at Minato Restaurant where my dad works. He knew we were coming and he made me special eggplant. It was so fresh, tender and juicy. So delicious!

Then we went back to my sister Helen's place and the kids watched Madagascar 2 and went back and forth between my sister making "man to" and the movie. I thought Madagascar 2 was funnier than Madagascar 1. We also had time to watch Totoro. It was all in Japanese and my little 6 year old niece Ellie and 3 year old Lena translated for me. I saw this when it first came out like 15 years ago or maybe it was more than that, well anyways, I did not remember any of it except for the cat bus. I thought the cat was the coolest, he had the GPS on everyone and everything way before the invention of GPS.