Fresh Soy Milk by Hand

Day 3
The smell of dew drops and wet mountain is refreshing. There is no sound of modern technology. I got up for the morning meditation at 6am. I sat feeling together and falling apart, strong but relaxed. My brains felt like they are being supported by gentle, nurturing, and careful hands. It felt safely suspended and massaged all in the same time. I felt safe and grateful. The morning hour long meditation felt really short this time.

I decided to head down the steep hill for breakfast even though I could have gone without it. When I got there I found fresh porridge and fresh soy milk. I love fresh soy milk. It's the only kind that doesn't give me digestive trouble. So awesome to have moms around, they can make fresh soy milk without any machine or gadgets. This is Ayo A.K.A. "Chocolate Lady" because she works at a chocolate factory and where ever she goes she brings chocolate to share with everyone.

Our morning gathering started with sharing of gratitude. Laura thanked me for tucking her in last night. I was grateful for the opportunity to be here and that everyone arrived safely. Then Rev. Heng Sure taught all of us our new Oregon Camp song sung to the tune of Country Road. It was great.

Lacey led Yoga in the morning. It was nice to stretch and move the body in Yoga. It has been 10 years since I last did any yoga, so out of shape. In previous years Loc taught Tai Chi and Shaolin. I wonder who will teach what next year, pilates?

For lunch we all walked down to 1/2 Can chanting and in single file. The kitchen wasn't ready it was 30 minutes behind schedule. Iron Chef Yong arrived last night and I knew I didn't have to cook at all when she's around. I love her food. Anything she makes, is good. From the left to right is Yong, Janny, Kuo Juan.

Afternoon I took a nap in my tent. It was much needed. I had a headache from fatigue, dehydration, heat. The rest and cooling tea helped. I think if I hadn't stopped the process it may have progressed to a heat stroke. That would have been bad. It would be like getting poison oak or ivy and spending your whole camping trip in pain and sitting out on everything. That would have bummed me out.

Here is my sky view from my tent. I used to just lay on my front lawn grass and watch the sky move after school for hours. I loved watching the sky in the day and night.


Today Jackson, Billy, and his dad decided it was safe to camp and they can move out of their truck. So they pitched tent for the first time and slept outdoors for the first time. That was courageous of them to come to the outdoors and sleep in a tent.

I went to dinner even though I wasn't hungry. Afterwards I decided I would skip dinner for the rest of the week. I don't need it and I need more time to rest, do laundry and just chill by myself for an hour. I always gain a lot of weight here. I use so much energy and don't rest enough. It must be the food here is ten times more nutritious or something. It must be the secrete power nutrient of good air.