Forbidden City




With the rest of the afternoon I decided to go to the Forbidden City. It 's really not that big now. It’s only a fraction of what it’s original design. I find it amazing that it even stayed in tact through the revolution. I was a bit disappointed because it seems grander in the movies. There are some very nice artifacts. Just imagine the ones that are lost, robbed, destroyed, must be even better. People fight and die for this stuff,.. stuff, stuff, all stuff. But they were beautiful, intricate and delicate, wow.

The courtyards for the court women were tiny, it looks like a boring life to me to be stuck in a tiny room having only certain access of mobility depending on your status. I guess that's why they have to create their own TV drama to pass the day. I think it's all the foot bonding thing that they can't move around much on their own and do tai chi or yoga to balance their chi. I also enjoyed the functional and artistic designs of the gutter spouts. I like it when things are not only functional but beautiful too.