Just Say No!


I said no to a friend.   It was like asking me to give up my life or something.  I had time to sit and think about all of this.  I felt guilty for saying no.  I felt bad, I felt really bad, like I can’t say no.  And that somehow because I said no, somehow it’ll all be my fault, bad things will happen and I suck.  I don’t want to get run over or be a doormat.  I am my own individual person.  I realized my challenge is to learn to say, “NO” and feel okay, continue to keep breathing, or try and let it go.  So, I had to say no to a friend and use it as perfect practice to overcome all this inability to do so and the end of the world thing. 

True relationships that are caring, kind, healthy, nurturing will care to understand and support me in handling my heart with care, and wish for me to be a happy successful person to my full potential and celebrate with me in joy.   So I won’t worry so much and I can say “NO” to people.