Professor Henry and Joanne Rosemont on Bhutan



Tonight's talk on state of Bhutan concerning its future reminded me a lot of current Nepal. In regards to its education with concentration on English focusing on tourism and the issue of loosing cultural identity, I feel Nepal is a few generations ahead of Bhutan. I think Bhutan government is trying to learn from it's neighboring countries and hoping to avoid some things that came along with capitalism.

I have to say the best part of the evening was the address to the State on matters and concerns for the preservation of culture and future development. He spoke like a honored venerated official just like someone who stepped out of historical classics, with all the virtues and characters, leaders with hearts of gold and mind like the sun, bright. I was totally impressed, can't believe such people still exist.