Brown Bear Cub Sighting



  Day 8 Turtle Mountain 2010
Today was Kentucky Falls day. A very special trip each year for me and I feel it is the same for others like Henry. It’s almost like a sacred annual ritual. It is something we all look forward to. So is sitting on the back of the truck in the cold wind. There were sightings of baby black bear cub off the road before the ‘Y” intersection. The truck slowed down and I stood up to take a photo. Mayra helped and held my left arm and David Williams help me up from behind all to keep me from falling off the rolling truck or startling the cub or the mama bear whom must be nearby. I have always wanted to see a cub. Mayra held me with unsteady arm and ended up swinging me forward and backward in and out of the truck. She meant well.




I handed Henry a fresh bag of High Mountain Tea. I wanted to cheer him up. He was pretty worried and upset over his car breaking down on the way to Kentucky Falls. I stayed behind and accompanied in time of hardship. What happened? His truck over heated, the radiator had a 3-4 inch crack. Henry must have sent a distress call telepathically because both his parents called him at the same time. We laid on the truck and watched the trees, drank tea, chatted about our love for Great Compassion Mantra, Dharani Sutra, meditation and caught up on the past decade of our lives until help came. Matt came with his truck to towed us back to Half Can.








Michael’s DVD of the retreat was awesome tonight. The reflections are usually quite something, not to be missed. It is like the best part.