Majestic Elks


Day 7 Turtle Mountain 2010

Instead of the Sand Dunes I enjoyed time at the creek. It was a wonderful 45 minutes to myself. I stayed until the mosquitos attacked me out. I soaked my legs and prayed to have the fatigue be washed away. People from the Dunes came back unhappy. I guess the group of 50 got lost with Tina’s local directions.

This evening I saw majestic elk by Half Can Meadows. There were 8 of them in my view. The raw beauty was so captivating. But they seemed too majestically sacred to approach or touch or even be near and especially not to be disturbed. They seem so magical and so unreal. I was so surprised to see them. This is my first time seeing them in all these years I have been here. I only dared to breath in their presence. I did not want to move. I felt honored to experience this sight. What a special treat this was. I would not have seen them if I wasn’t here working away.  What a gift!  It's a good a spotting a four leaf clover.