Hooked on Dutch Oven Cast Iron


Sanborn Camping Day 2

At 3 am this morning I heard 2 people walking and chatting.  Then I heard them stop at my picnic table and unzip my black bag, which I use for a double folding chair.  Wow, thieves of the night.  They did not open the locker.  It makes a big creaky sound.  It’s a good thing I don’t bring anything important when I camp or travel.  So I decided to move all things I want not using back to the car.  I ended up packing everything up except for the tent and sleep stuff. 

The day was spent in just feeling the sun, eating, drinking tea, snacking on crackers, contemplating on 2D art and hiking. 
I saw a wedding in the park this afternoon, of an elderly couple with adult children. 

 













I met a family with twin boys 5 ½ years old born 1 minute apart Galvin and Luke.  They invited me to hotdogs and s’mores. It was lovely they invited me to camp fire.  I actually roasted a beautiful marshmallow.  Then I watched the mom Amelia make a peach cobbler on an iron casket pot with hot coals underneath and above.  It was fresh peaches with a bit of sugar to season it and the cake mix on top with lots of butter.  It was yummy, super high in sugar and fat, super heavy and dangerous to eat more than a bite.  I am totally determined to learn how to use a Dutch Oven Cast Iron in this next year. 

In the evening I went to watch “The Merchant of Venice”.  It was cold again, I could see my breath at night.   A beautiful woman sat to the left of me who took up a part of my seat, which I did not enjoy.  I enjoyed the pretty costumes in the shoe.  I think I was a bit tired as I found myself zoned in and out of the play. 

This park allows dogs to camp too.  I like that.