Four Birthday Cakes


I made 4 Birthday Cakes today because I know four people born on this day. It was all chocolate with a Cherry Chocolate glaze. One of the birthday girl was out of town and I knew that ahead of time but I made one for her anyways, so...... I ate her cake for her instead. It's the thought that counts right.

Tonight I went to Teance for a gathering, after the gathering Ali asked me to stay because he made his famous Persian Saffron rice with Eggplant lentil stew. He is a good cook and his food is delicious. It was already 10:30pm but I couldn't resist and stayed on his invitation. As we all sat at the tea bar for a delicious hot midnight snack, I had a feeling that we have been gathering like this before in the past and often at a bar over food and drink. It all felt very familiar. Some how this process of gathering,eating, drinking and chatting about this and that was enough support and bond. And that somehow it was healing enough without fixing each other's anything or advice cramming. It was interesting experience.