Santa Clara Valley Camellia Society


These camellias are from local growers. The exhibition and competition is held at Santa Clara community center.


This is my first time at a camellia show. I had no idea there would be so many wonderful entries.


I see the difference in the rank of categories in terms of competition grades. But in each I see the unique beauty and characteristics.


I find it very healing to look at flowers. It's just amazing how much beauty surrounds me everyday created by nature.


I realized that when I look at flowers like artwork I really don't care to make small talk with any one as one would in a art gallery or museum. But I kept bumping into people who came for various reasons with someone else and they were more interested in chatting to fill up the silence than looking at the flowers. I decided to chuck out social etiquette and ignore people. I actually ran out of juice in my battery for pictures and had to leave.