Veg Fest 2009

Can't tell I've been ill and still is from this photo. Yeah, no one knew unless I told them. They just say I sound different. They all said I looked good, relaxed and calm and pleasant to be around with.

It was cold last night. I slept in my zero degree sleeping bag. I really wonder whether or not my sleeping bag is really for zero degree because it sure wasn't zero in my room last night but I had a hard time staying warm. Is this the reason it was on sale when I bought it? So annoying. Maybe it's because I'm still sick.

I had to drive 3 hours to the Veg Fest. I was worried whether or not I would be well enough to drive or even speak at the event. I prayed hard for a break in my 10th day of illness. Especially for a break in my runny nose. Who wants to watch someone blow their nose and cook? I was blowing my nose with one hand as I drove. My car was full of used TP when I arrived. I have no idea how I had the chi or the concentration to get myself there.

I made it to the event by 10am I was scheduled to speak at 11:15am. Still weak from being sick, still can't hear through my right ear. I think both of these things worked for me. I was too frail to be nervous because I didn't have the energy to spare. I can't hear through my right ear so the noise didn't bother me. The event was running behind schedule, I totally didn't mind, it gave more prep time to set up the table. Someone asked why I came alone, truth was I didn't know if I could make it physically and if I did, I sure didn't want to be late for my talk just because others were running late. It was simpler to drive I felt and it was a good instinct to follow because the people who I wanted to carpool with were actually 2 hours late to the event. I would have missed my talk completely.

Today was my first time to speak in public about nutrition, health, and do a cooking demo. I started off with too much info and kept chopping stuff out. I knew the cooking was the easy part because they were my recipes but the talking,..... I usually don't talk when I cook. I am usually in a cooking zone and quite enjoy it. So I was very nervous about talking, forgetting things, or just sounding very lame.I was pretty nervous over this for an entire month until I got severely ill. I had planned to work out the talk this past week but I was too out of it to be able to use my brain to think and pretty much lost the prep time I was counting on. I actually worked out the talk as I drove this morning. I can't believe that worked. I just had to trust that I know what I know and I can count on it. I also had to trust my the sagittarius and venus parts of me will step forward and pull through during the talk and demo. Honestly being sick my taste buds are all off. I can't quite taste sodium like my hearing, I can't tell if it's too loud. Well, thankfully I was just doing the demo and not a tasting too for the public.

During the talk I was actually captivated by the audience and the attention they were paying. They were actually interested and listening. Not only that, they had a smile on their face and their eyes were wide open in interest. Looking at all those faces, I realized I was actually standing on my own feet. Wow, I was not someone's someone, who is here on someone's this and that. I was not leaning on anyone nor was I standing in anyone's shadow, or totally invisible. Wow, how interesting it was for me to be multi-tasking with cooking, talking, speaking in public for the first time, getting filmed and photographed and still be experiencing this internally and having this awareness and discovery. That felt really good. Some things inside definitely felt healed.

Well that was all that I could remember of my talk and demo. I really can't recall what happened except from what feedbacks I got from the audience and other vendors. They said they learned a lot and enjoyed my talk. The MC for the event did try my food and really like it, well, at least he said he did. One of the vendor was from a Co-op and wanted to know if I catered and would be interested in doing demos at their Co-op.

But to summarize, I did a Balsamic Fig dressing over mixed greens topped with candied walnut and Bosc Pear. This dish I dedicated to detoxing the liver. I did recall I forgot to mention the importance of detoxing the liver and plasma protein efficiency process. Oh well, next time I guess. Dish number 2 was on Pumpkin Soup, good for your pancreas and spleen especially those who are chronic belchers. I got into talking about using herbs at remedies. At least I hopped I remembered to do so in my talk. I also did an Omega 3 talk on the tempe vegetable kabob. The last dish was on mashed potato and mushroom gravy. I talked about how potato was a brain relaxer and it's comforting. Then I ran stats on brain research with damages from stressed and inflamed brains. Yup, that's it in summary.