World Baseball Classic Japan vs. USA


Daisuke Matsuzaka pitched for Japan tonight. He is considered the number one pitcher right now in Japan. He was beautiful to watch and pitched a strong winning game. I was glued to the TV and 4th inning was a beautiful inning to watch. I left with my family for dinner at a Japanese restaurant and then we went shopping at a Korean market next door. I stood and watched the rest of the game on TV. I realized the two innings I missed team USA made two runs and closed the gap with Team Japan. I stood there for the rest of the game with other Koreans watching the TV while my family shopped. Darvish relives Matsuzaka and closes the inning without giving up any runs. Yu Darvish is a 22 year old Japanese Persian pitcher who is also very tall and talented with a good slider. When the game was over one of the Korean guys was very upset that team Japan won because he didn't want Japan to face Korea in the finals tomorrow. Afterwards, my dad gave me a whole long repetitive lecture about watching out for who I cheer for in what kind of public venue I am in and who is around me. Well, I guessed I asked for it since I under estimated how passionate the guy was and how seriously he took the game. I just enjoyed for entertainment value but his interest ran deep, nationally deep.