Be Present, Be Here, Be Now

Day 8 Snowboarding 2011 Season
I was so exhausted last night but I didn’t go to bed until midnight. I finally crawled out of bed at 7:30am. My head was heavy and sleepy. I decided snowboarding can wait since I was an hour and half behind my planned schedule. I drank beet juice, pumpkin soup, ate a croissant sandwich. I had to defreeze the artisan lettuce, got frozen in the trunk overnight. In the process of de-icing the lettuce, it got cooked in the microwave.

I made it up to Heavenly parking lot at 10:30am. Lots of cars were parked on Ski Run, the over flow parking lot and took the shuttle up. I lucked out and a car pulled out by the tram and got a spot in the main lot. I made it up the slopes at 11am. I can feel the weakness of my internal organs when I snowboard. The weakness is also holding on harboring toxins in the body. The body wants to expel toxins, crap etc… I apologized to my body for neglect and not nurturing, supporting the healing process.

Images and things flashed before me. I had to remind myself I was at Tahoe not anywhere else. If I allow my mind to wonder away like this, why am I spending all this money to get here be here etc… I told myself I am not thinking about all of that.

I spent my day all 5 ½ hours on the slope all on the Mombo run. At the very last run I went on Upper Mombo blue diamond run. It was alright. I reflected today how the first 4 snowboarding day of the season was all on the bunny Patsy slope and how scared I was and all I wanted for this lifetime was to be able to make it down that tiny short slop once without falling.

Today on Mombo I was able to carve large “S” and reminded myself that fear is only in the mind and the body manifests it. The powder was wonderful. It was powdery. At 2pm the slopes cleared and most people drove home. At 3:45pm the sun was behind the mountains and the trees were all shadowed, the slope was grey, flat in lighting, very difficult to see through the goggles. It was just too dark and I was bummed about it. It was time to go. I wanted more time on the slopes. Yet I looked forward to getting up early tomorrow to hit the slopes at 9am. There is another winter storm schedule late this week. I am glad I am already here and can enjoy it and not be driving in those conditions.

Felt warm today in the 20 degree temperature in my North Face gear. I am so glad to be warm. Being inexperienced with snow and icy weather, I have had to go through trial and error with figuring out what to wear to stay warm. That’s a lot of various purchases at North Face.

It was lovely and quiet on the slopes today.   This way was peaceful and easier environment for contemplation. Snowboarding is just so satisfying for me. It’s like drinking tea and stretching, only you taste and experience the satisfaction of it. I am training my right arm to be strong since my left is injured, has been for almost a month now from the last fall.

I came back and had blueberries, bread with sundried tomato, artichoke spread, apple pie and sauté asparagus and mini peppers on my griddle and toasted bread on it, yummy meal.