What is the Rhythm of My Life?

He is a beautiful rescue dog that loves his work.  He runs beautifully on the snow.  He rides well on the snow mobile too.




Day 10 Snowboarding 2011 Season
Last night, I was once again exhausted by 8pm and went to bed at 9pm, getting the extra hour of rest is amazing. I got up at 5:38am this morning. I was feeling a lot more alert and ready to go. I was less clogged and groggy. My face today looked better in complexion. My nose is firey from exhaustion. Both days I blew out blood in the mornings. My digestive tract is unhappy. I drank my last pumpkin soup for breakfast and ate nori sheets. I managed to be behind schedule even with that extra hour of sleep.


Finally today I wasn’t panting for air and I could ride and breathe through my nose. I had to remind myself to not clinch my jaws when I ride. The first two hours I had a riding rhythm and I flew by the slopes carving and resting 2 times to rest my legs down each run of the slopes. I was averaging 3 lifts an hour.

Then I suddenly fell while my mind went on and on about teaching leading others how to snowboard this weekend being Miss Know It All. I fell on my bum and felt a shake on the tail bone and on the flattest part of the slope. Second time I fell, I slammed my head hard. Once again my helmet saved me. It was a hard knock. I had to sit to the side and let the blood and everything feel more normal and okay. I need to shut up in my mind.

Anyways, I don’t think this was my anxiety, I felt they were others. Since the falls I lost my rhythm. All of a sudden I was falling on lamest things. I was not focused or present. I had to restrain myself to find the rhythm at the end of the day. It took a few hours.

The wind picked up around 3pm and I was getting lost and sailing fast in directions of little control on my part. It was dangerous. I did try to get my goofy foot strong by going goofy foot today. Swing slope has a steep down slope on a narrow lane.


Question inspired by today’s snowboarding, “What is the rhythm of my life?”

I am aware that I am exhausted after 5 plus hours of snowboarding. Today my head was super wired and more clear but the body is totally exhausted.

The distress and tension in my digestive tract is probably from worries about the families who will be joining me mid week in the midst of the storm. I am hoping they get here in the day and not during the whiteout expected in the evening, a winter hazard warning was issued. Still I felt sick and I made high mountain tea to drink, yum.

Tonight I decided to go to bed at 9pm and I felt super restless, buzzed, wired, and awake for the first hour. I can feel my body was very tired. I felt a thing leave out of my right leg when I followed Great Compassion Mantra chants and I wondered and worried if there was more that have yet to make separations, become detached. My jaws were clinched and I decided to put an amulet of Guan Yin Bodhisattva on my forehead and then I felt a big blanket of 2 feet by 3 feet left and flung out of my upper body. After that I finally felt calm, I felt fatigued, and I continued to recite.

Sleep is not what is said to be a lot of the times, for me it can be a dangerous workout instead.