Grey With Black Dots All Over


Day 9 Snowboarding 2011 Season
There is something about the quality of rest I get when I go to bed by 10pm. I get better rest in a shorter amount of time, so much more efficient this way. I woke up at 3am from a dream of telling a kid to keep his eyes and hands and body to himself. It was more like traumatic right move and wakening. I am glad I woke up from that. My initial reaction is that I need to stop the need to tell anyone off, that even this movement is extra.

Yesterday when I woke up my face looked brown and grey with black dots all over. It was bad looking and I felt terrible too. This morning I felt much better, smoother, cleaner skin and tanned. Even though I had a mask on along with sun block, my skin is tanned through the mask. I am just grateful that I am feeling much better today.

I officially rolled off bed at 6:38am and for some reason I couldn't get onto the slopes any earlier than 11am. I was super tired when 4:20pm rolled around, just 5 plus hours of snowboarding, all fun, totally fun and purely satisfying. Today I was able make it down through Patsy, Maggie, Mombo bunny slopes all the way through without falling, stopping only to rest my legs.

I found a way to go down the steep slopes of the segments. I had to sit or lay down and look at the decline and break it down visually in segments and go from there. It doesn’t look so steep from that perspective and therefore no longer so scary to tackle from the ground level. The other was to continue to sit and wait for the traffic to clear before I try and tackle those sections. This really helped a lot. I fall more often when others are nearby and I panic about crashing into others or others crashing into me and fall. At the end of the day, I even conjured up the courage to think about heading down the Round About slope instead of taking the tram. But I was just too tired physically, my legs are just burned, fried, done.



Meal for the day at the end of riding, asparagus and sweet mini peppers on the griddle, cooked on the shower floor.