Tapioca Frog Eggs

Chen Chen and his girlfriend took me out for a day trip. We first tracked down a Cafe. His girlfriend gave the directions and it was like one without street names, right or left. It was good Chen Chen was patient or just used to this type of directions from her. I found it funny the whole time. I think there should be a comic show just on how people give directions. The fun part of this Cafe for them was drinks and cheese cake. All of which I was not interested in because I think I come from that world but it was fun for them.

We went to the sea side to Yuan Liuo. It's beautiful there. The water was a beautiful rich blue. I forgot to bring my camera. I'll have to come back a different time to just photograph. Chen Chen's girlfriend came with high heels to walk in the sand with and hike in. She must have a super back and super legs or not because afterwards she was out completely and we had to scratch the Ji Long Night Market idea.

We walked through the tourist shopping area and got drinks. There were these drinks that looked like frog eggs. It was tapioca. But it looked too weird to me. I tried it and it was chewy and crunchy in the center. Completely vegan but still was an acquired taste to me.

I bought a pair of wooden slippers with 2 inch heel, all hand crafted and carved. I like the carving the best. They were from Vietnam. It was 500 yuan which was cheaper than other places.

We headed to Taipei and the girlfriend slept the whole way. I really think she didn't have the right shoes on. But she looked really good in her outfit. The whole ride back Chen Chen kept looking in the rear view mirror make sure I had a good time and was happy. I would look back and smile to let him know I was. We ate at Chang Cun buffet. They insisted this was the best place for me to eat since I was vegetarian and they were not. It was 500 yuan per person. I really would have been fine snacking on the road here and there. But it was important for them to do treat me like this so I accepted in joy.