Run From Cops or Rain


I went to Eslite bookstore and looked books for most of the day. Another thing I enjoy doing is check out publications in the area I visit and see what people value and what is being communicated. I had a dinner gathering with friends at Lien Xiang Zai, another awesome buffet place. I stopped right outside of the metro and there was an illegal stand set up selling red envelopes for Chinese New Years. It was sprinkling when I arrived and I decided to put up my umbrella and shop. This particular stand had fun varieties of red envelopes. I ended up spending lots of money there. I was late to dinner but I didn't want to miss this opportunity. Since they were illegally set up and right in front of the metro they will not be here after dinner. They can't possible stay too long before the cops come to site them a fat ticket. Plus it was raining, they will either have to run from the cops or the rain.

My friends got me lots of gifts of snack munches that are specialities of Taiwan for me to bring back to US. That was sweet of them. They were things I wanted to buy but really didn't know where to go to. Since everyone was late, dinner was done in speed because the place was about to close for the night. We stuffed our mouths the whole time and conversations were muffled. We multi tasked.