Wine and Love


Went to Jin Gua Shi, Golden Gourd Rock. This is the home town of my mom by the sea coast and up in the mountains. There was once a lot of gold to be mined here. It was a booming town when the gold was getting mined and since the coast was near by it was a happening place.

I went to the Prayer temple by my mom's old home and walked on the steep steps that covered the mountain. The ones my mom always complained about and I see what she meant. I think walking like this every day because you have to can keep you in good health and great shape.

I decided to inquire on how to pick out a stick in the temple and ask my uncles and aunties the customs and methods. 2nd uncle and his wife as usual disagreed on how it is done. They are funny because they are famous for disagreeing on almost everything. At least after 30 or 40 years of disagreeing they are less atomic nuclear passionate in their debates.

Then we went to the near by Jio Fen old town to eat and to shop. It was fun. This is one of my favorite places to come to. The food famous in this area is great. I just love all the goodies here. I had fun looking at touristy craft stuff too. Pretty much each place in Taiwan has a few famous delicacies known to the area and they are distinctly different. So it is never boring and makes you feel the distance you travelled for is well worth it.

Went to Jia Le Fu with 3rd uncle and his wife. There was a red wine sale. The last time I was here she was into coffee. Now she's into red wine. 3rd uncle doesn't drink and refuses to buy her wine. But she insists that if he loved her and really cared for her he should buy her a case of red wine. I walked around and checked out what was for sale. I like to walk around and see what is in use in the lifestyle with people in the area I visit.

Then we went to 1st uncle's for dinner and it was filled with good humor and fun conversations. The food was good. I think both our families have similar taste in food and like similar things. 1st aunty in law has a classic Taiwanese touch in her cooking and I like that flavor. It tastes like home.