Taroko National Park

The drive to Taroko was long by everyone's standard. It was quite comfortable for me. We stopped at a MaZu Temple. The 2nd floor had images that were very strong with grounding energy. The whole place was grounded in a powerful way. It felt good to be there. This is a classic roof adornment in FuJian Style for

This is the view from the second floor overlooking the harbor.

This is the street the temple is on.


Here is my 3rd Uncle in Law filming his wife.

We took the scenic view drive and did the seaside route. It was a beautiful ride. I had to keep my eyes open and watch over the window and since I was in the back row, I had to be aware of car sickness on the very windy mountain road.

Upon reaching the park 3rd uncle turned on his video camera and stepped on his seat and stuck his body out the sun roof. Then everyone else decided they wanted to stick their body out the sun roof and feel the wind. I didn't. We stopped in vistas and walked everywhere. I really like being out in the nature. We walked through a tunnel and it wet and dark. On the other sidce was a bridge over a creek and a trail. We walked for a bit 3rd uncle in law headed back to the car for a nap since he drove all the way. He has this thing where he can't sleep if he is to go on a trip the next day. Usually he's the guy who plans it and is in charge. All my uncles and aunties were very tired and didn't walk far.



Here is my 3rd Uncle checking out rocks. He and I have a common interest in rock discovery.

My 4th Aunty and her husband, my Gao Shan Cha supplier.
There was a fancy hotel in the park and a youth hostel nearby. The hotel was voted down by 3rd uncle in law and the youth hostel was voted down by 4th aunty so we will have to go to Hua Lien city to stay at a hotel with a spa service that looked intereseting to everyone to check out.

We had lunch and dinner and by everyone else's standard it was expensive and not very good. I ended up with a hotel room all to myself. It was nice. 3rd uncle in law insisted I felt well taken care of with hotel room. It was very important to him that I really loved my room. He takes great satisfaction in that. I know when he is taking care of my hotel room, I'm all set. This hotel is newly built. My favorite thing about my room was the toilet, it's Japanese and the seat is heated, and full of buttons and functions. My other favorite thing in the room is the control panel, with one touch you can control the lights, A/C, sound system, TV, etc... The Spa set up had a sauna. It was hot. There was no one watching the place, I could like pass out from the heat and died or fallen into the swim size jet pool and died and no one would have known. So I had to be extra careful on my end.

We tried to go for a walk at night to locate the night market that was one of the fun attractions for staying in that hotel in this part of the town. Somehow we got lost and never made it. We just walked round and round and then decided to go back to the hotel.

During the walk, 3rd aunty pulled me aside and inquired about my single status and that she recommend that I get married and start a family that is the ultimate joy in a person's life. That life is hard by yourself. I have so many relatives and they all tell me different depending on what they admire. One tell me to be a monastic. The other tells me I need to stock up on real estate. The other tell me to get married and have kids. The other tells me never to have a family. The good thing is they all don't agreed and that's the humor in all of that is pretty good.