Ying Ge


Went to Ying Ge where it is known as the pottery district. This is where people come to get their ceramic goods from plates to vases. I ended up looking at lots of wonderful tea pots, and cups. I saw tea trays that I would like to get later when I can carry it and have a nice place to put it in my living space. I really like china and all the accessories that goes with it. I was there with 2nd uncle and 4th aunty. #rd uncle and his wife was there too. There were plenty of other shops that were selling hand made goods in crafts and textile. I had fun just looking at everything in detail. We had tea at a shop and sat down to rest it was just a fun outing. I seem to be collecting lots of that these days.

Afterwards we went to a Traditional Chinese Doctor recommended by a family friend who said she was very good. I noticed all her herbs were fresh and top quality. So she must have good resources and has a good turn over rate to keep it all in top quality. I ended up spending a lot of money at that place getting herbs for my body that she prescribed. The only part that was questionable in her diagnosis was she said I lacked fiber in my body. As a vegetarian I really eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. Hum......

This doctor was once with Yi Guan Dao and said she learned from that group all the bad things of other groups and stayed away until one day she came across a book by The Fruit Monk, Ven. Guang Qing and was so inspired that she realized what she was learning at Yi Guan Dao was all bogus. She then opened her mind to study and research to relearn what she had learned was wrong.

I was taken to a shoe shop because 4th aunty needed new shoes. While I was there, I attempted to buy vegan shoes, the owner proudly shoed me off saying,"we only have leather, if you want non leather you have to go to the street and not an official store to buy shoes!" It was funny to me how much pride he took in having leather shoes. In US to get vegan shoes you pay even more money than real leather shoes. Well, it's the opposite here, it's not called vegan it's called cheap.