Adoramus te Domine

Went to the monthly Taize service at Mercy Center. Made it there early enough to do the meditational walk at the labrynth. It feels really good to do the walk. I felt cooled and soothed. The garden is pretty and had benches in nice little nooks to sit in. People are respectful when they enter this part of the campus and respect each other's practice.

After the walk I sat in front of St. Francis of Assisi and wondered what it was like when Jesus knew his disciple would betray him and yet he continued to gather in the last supper and served him bread and wine along with everyone else. Wondered what was going through Jesus' psyche.

The violin accompanied the piano tonight, one of my favorite combination. I felt I wouldn't cry tonight and was so sure of it, I packed some kleenex just incase. I sat next to an elder woman who looked bored in the dark and was crunching on candy or something during the service. Must of been caugh drops she was sucking on and swooshing around her mouth, pluckering away and then crunching and cracking. She probably couldn't help it. At first I tried to not be bothered by it all. And then when "Adoramus te Domine" began, I tears streamed down my face again. I no longer paid attention to the distractions next to me. I don't know if she stopped or I was too busy to pay attention. As it turned out she is a very gentle and a soft spoken person. So tonight's service for me only took up one sheet of kleenex. Not bad, I call that an improvement.