Pumpkin Escape




I was early and David hadn't arrived yet so I had a breakfast at Starbucks and headed over to Berkeley Bowl to pick out pumkins for the holidays. It was only 8am, it's a good thing the pumpkins were outside so I could get a head start on picking out pumpkins before the 9am opening.


I came across the bread delivery guy from Acme bread who is from Guatamala. He and I chatted about how to use pumpkins. He told me from his homwtown they carve the top lid and clean out the seeds then put a sugar brick into the pumkin, close the lid and bake until the inside is soft and carmalized. That sounded really good.  So the baker taught me how to make pumpkins Guatamala style.


When it was close to opening time I stood in line in front of the doors along with the Rockridge crowd who seems to gather here just like this every Saturday morning. We exchanged Halloween party, decoration, sound effect, trick or treating ideas. It was a great fun way to start the day.



Ah.... David, my man finally shows up and after lunch he was my escape ride. We escaped to Teance and drank tea and chatted for 6 hours. That wasn't enough, they closed and we continued to Asmara Ethiopian Restaurant to hang out. I didn't care for the food as much there, a bit disappointing. But it was quiet and we had our own booth so that we could chat more. Chatting more at a place that closed late was our goal, not really dinner.