6am Bunnies

Day 4
One of my favorite things to do here is the morning walk. I love to walk here, it's a natural walking meditation. When I walk here in the early mornings I feel as if I am walking in a rain bath, cooling and soothing all of me.

I have discovered this year that the brown bunnies with white striped inner ear comes out hopping around this time.

So every morning I look forward to seeing them on the trail. They are easy to miss except for their white reflective inner ear.


Dian Dian from Italy is actually studying on a camping trip while she waits for her hair to dry. Can't underestimate this girl, she knows the same school of kungfu as Bruce Lee.

This is Matt's truck, the ride up the hill after meals on a hot day is a true savior.

Kim, who I always see but can't seem to remember her name.









This is the sweat shop, women tirelessly going through fresh herbs picking out the freshest for our meal tomorrow, guarenteeing best in quality and taste every day.




Finally freed from the kitchen of endless mounds of vegetables to wash, chop, cook and dishes to clean for the day.

Without asking, girl's school principal Heng Yin naturally steps in to help Dian Dian on her assignment.




We are usually here in July or early August, so the black berries are usually not ready but this time, they are ripe and soooo sweet. Andy had been our berry picker for the first 2 days but now, he's into his bow and arrow he made for himself. So we lost our only child labor berry picker.

Loc and Henry, the backbone of the retreat working away before sundown.







Darius and Jason trying to patch the inner panel of the roof.