Hawaiian Car Angel

Well, last night I drove up this very long hill and got lost. I heard a hiss sound in the car but I didn't know what it was. When I made it back to my driveway, my car was smoking. I knew I had to look under the hood. I thought popping the hood pull underneath the wheel would do it. But there was another latch and I didn't know how to work it. It took me along time to actually get the hood up. There was steam everywhere, this can not be good. I then looked up what the possibilities would be on ehow.com. But what's a radiator? Where does the coolant go?

So this morning I did the run through that was from ehow and in the manual. Conclusion, no coolant. I walked to Pep Boys baught concentrated coolant so that I would only need to carry on jug not two. I came back and put in coolant, started the car and watched the needle for the heat gauge rise to red and then I heard a pop. I turn off the engine and run to check under the hood, there was steam coming out in all places and coolant was flooding the ground.

I was soooo stressed. I kept flipping the manual trying to figure out what to do. Finally a car angel, a Hawaiian one came my way and helped me. A neighbor who is rarely home on weekends was actually home for the first time in months. I felt relieved just to have some one to talk to on top of that he checked my car for me. Efrone was nice to drive me back to Pep Boys and Honda to get some parts and he replaced this and that and now the heat needle is normal, coolant staying in the radiator and the resevior. No more coolant oozing out or steam.

Efrone spent most of the day on my car, loosing his precious free Saturday to rescue me from my distress. I didn't know how to thank him. I gave him money as thank you but he returned it. I told him he as to accept a pie or something tomorrow. I was so grateful to him, what a nice guy! I am so blessed!