8 Hours of Shopping

Day 2
Food I ate today
Taiwanese style thick soup with mushrooms bamboo tofu carrots etc..
Fresh tofu stew and yam porridge
Red somen noodles in thick soup with Taiwanese dark vinegar chilli cilantro
Pan fried bun with freshe squeezed sugar cane juice
chilled herbal liqirice drink
Stinky fried tofu with cabbage kimchi
Fried shitake mushrooms and shitake mushroom in salt and pepper
Vegan o-a jen
Winter melon drink

Things I did today
I crossed the street without cross walk lights in the midst of morning traffic. Everyone avoided me they could sense I was a bit lost and slow on the skill of pedestrian crossing in Taipei.

Got lost at my 3rd Aunt's place. I was standing right in front of their gate with my back facing their house number looking at the neighbor's place wondering where their house was. I decided to call them for help to come pick me up. Haha

Went to morning market with my 3rd Aunty and my mom and bought a pair of shoes.

Oh at noon time, I also went to Longshan Temple area to shop at the underground mall and bought Naruto and Sasuke hand towels and walked around the herbal district.
This is the man making the dough for the pan fried bun. It's delicious, fluffy and crispy.

At the temple area there are stands that sell various fun things to look at not necessary for purchase. This is stacks of books on secrets in health etc...
Went to whole sale distribution district by accident. I came up from Taipei underground mall exit 17 looking for DIY craft district and came across lots of places to shop. Bought 2 pairs of earrings and headband.

Went to the DIY district which is the 21st exit of the underground mall and came across yarn heaven, bead heaven, and ribbon heaven. I bought 8 bundles of yearn, a knitting helper and a crochet helper. I didn't come across the beads I was looking for so I came out without any purchase.

I also bought a pair of blue boots at the underground mall.

Went to Taipei station to get rail time table and other travel guide flyer. Shopped at Taipe underground mall.
This man was courageous in playing the violin for tuition money. He had sould and played with emotion. But he lacked accuracy and the violin was not in tune. Which is better, violin in tune and no emotiona and spirit or full of spirit and totally out of tune technically?


Went to Silin night market for dinner and did a little shopping. It felt unusually spacious and I realized what was the difference all the illegal ground vendors were all cleared away so I guess the cops
came for a sweep.
This grandma and grandpa vendor is great. They are sweet and cute and they make a wrap like a burrito.

After walking for eight hours I got back to hand wash my laundry. I brought a light load. I travel light and the things that take up most space are gifts.

Then I mapped out possible places to backpack in Taiwan for two weeks.