Snowboarding YA!

Day 3

Accidentally deleted today's snowboarding photos just now. Multi-tasking and was working and moving too fast. Couldn't retrieve the files from delete. I guess we will all have to do this again.

I snowboarded for the first time today. I loved it like I thought I would. It was so much fun. Oh the good recommendation of getting very loose baggy pants was a great advice. No overalls or full suit for restroom convenience was a wise one, slushy disgusting leaking toilet floors is ........ I had bought a new design gortex pants with suspenders from North Face. It was extremely expensive, lightweight, and comfortable. The only size I found was a large at the time and totally complained about how large it was and how it would made me look fatter etc..... and had many thoughts about the actual purchase of it. Well, after today, I am so grateful it is loose and large with all the falling and getting up etc... it was totally comfortable just as other advised.

More gear stuff, I got goggles, it had and extra layer of felt on top of the foam for sweat and comfort, it was twice the money but it sure made all the difference when you are sweating with sunblock on. My goggle had a breather designed into the goggle on the top and bottom for ventilation. Great design in my opinion. My goggle was all black, I liked the hot pink one and the gold one too but they cost more for their colors by $20.

I also brought a pair of UV polarized sunglasses in hard case just incase and the the just incase became the case. It was so toasty today that my goggles actually steamed up inside and I couldn't see. I switched over to my shades and regain clarity of vision and wasn't as hot too. These glasses had swithable lenses you can just pop out and the case came with lense organizers. I had wondered what all the lenses were for. After many falls in many directions on the snow, I see why you would want more than a pair of lenses in your stash. They scratch easily when you fall like I did on the snow today.

I bought a capri North Face Flight Series spandex pants for exercise and had second thoughts about how it was an odd length just two inches below the knee. But it was perfect in texture soft, lightweight, flexible, thin, and the right length. When I put ski boots on it is just at the top of the boot level which prevents unnecessary discomfort in boot friction and with the skin on the calf. It's great with snowboarding boots too. Works for both functions.

My gortex double fleece jacket was great. First of all I haven't had to test out the gortex, it's an older version so it is heavier and clunkier, it's is a couple of years old. Now I can confirm, it works for snow. When I was hot I took off the fleece that unzipped from one jacket to two. That was great. And there was zippers everywhere so you don't loose anything.

My North Face white ski jacket with ventilation zippers on the sides and on the neck chest was just awesome. When I first bought it, I just got it because I like the cut and shape. I wondered about the zippers. Well, yesterday I got to test out the zipper because I was hot and I unzipped them all and it made all the difference on the slope, it aired me out well at noon and when the winds picked up around 3pm I zipped myself back up and kept my warmth in. Another great design that someone thought through!

I also brought a camel pack for the slopes with pockets to put cookies and cell phone. I can't believe I had full bars of reception in the mountain. It made it convenient to find Amy and Laura and meet up. The camel pack was great. I like not having to leave the slopes to get water or munch. I like to just park myself in a nice spot and chill and munch and hydrate and enjoy the nature or just the joy of watching others have fun. On Saturday I realized my pack leaked and I didn't know if it was my palatypus sack was leaking of a puncture or what. It wasn't until Sunday morning that I realized it was the screw valve of the tube to the sack that was not fully screwed on tight. I was thinking how I would need to get a new camel pack and how I would get a larger one so that I can put a shirt in and not just a cookie. Well, now that there isn't a problem, there is no excuse to buy a new pack.

Oh I also bought ski and snowboarding socks, they were expense, most expensive socks I ever bought. I had hoped it would do as it said it would. I have to say it did. The socks did not fizz out like cotton tennis shoes socks that ends up with a loose bunched up corner by this toe or that toe and creates gripping friction. Now I feel inspired to find socks for tennis shoes that fits around the feet and toes perfectly and won't stretch out after the first wash and loose it's shape and doesn't do the job for the rest of it's entire short life. I think perfect fitting socks and shoes makes all the difference.

I had a wonderful day snowboarding, I am going to buy snow boarding gear for the next season. At the rate that I am in, I don't really need the slopes for left ticket really, I could just use a nearby hill to work on many things for control and endurance. I'm just not at that level yet and I like to do some spins and hops for fun. Snowboarding is soooo much fun! I love gliding on the snow, and swiveling.

When I was younger, I loved the thrill of racing down the slopes on skis without control, it was the speed, the wind, the exileration of it all. Now I find joy in control, style, and playing, totally different way to do things.

I still love to learn things and I loved to learn thing with others and trying things out together. It was fun to be in snowboarding school with others, watching out for each other down the slope and encouraging each other to try tricks and wait for each other to get off when fallen, no one is left behind.

As for falling, everyone warned me about them. Well, everyone who was skinner than me did. In my first fall, I had great appreciation for my extra cushy bottom, no but pad needed. I have natural ones. Yes I fell alot and I didn't mind, it was fun. Just sit on the snow and ice it off.

There is something very beautiful in watching a parent/teacher show the way to a child/student, guiding with full confidence, nurture, joy, and the other in full trust and faith in follow and succeed, and the celebration of it all. It is just so beautiful to see.

Did I mention that on the lift line the staff asked me whether or not I was at least 18 years old. I nodded and then I was shoved with two little kids in single digit age to take care on the lift. I am just learned how to get on and off and it was like me third run, I only had two other runs and I had to use what I know because I had to watch out for the safety of these two little kids. I guess life is just like that, learn what you can fast because you never know when others need to count on you in full dependency even if you are a newbie.