No X Rays

Day 5
Got up and had really delicious wantons for breakfast and Chinese donuts dunked in hot fresh soybean milk. Awesome!

After breakfast I went to the dentist with my mom and she got her teeth cleaned. The dentist looked at my teeth without X-Ray and said I didn't have cavity filling issues. I am so used to having the dentist take X-Ray to show me each teeth what the conditions are and then go from there. I am really not used to this way. Well okay then.


Then my mom and I went shopping for jeans for me. She bought two pairs of jeans for me. I like them. I think I will wear them if it continues to be this cold. I might even bring one to the mountains to keep me warm.


We stopped at our third Aunty's place to see her new 7 month old grandson YuXi. He's a cutie. Their palmamarian has grown to full size and his color has grown light cream. We hung out and my mom took a nap. She's still has that same cough going on 2 plus months. I hope it is nothing serious.







I decided to head to International Youth Hostel center in Taipei station, East 2 door on 3rd floor. I needed to get a youth hostel card. I still qualify this year. Next year I will be too old. It cost me 200nt to be a member for a year. I got a map and all the contact info on different hostel sites in national parks of Taiwan. I made a reservation for Alishan for four nights. I wanted 5 nights but they only had Monday to Thursday night open. Friday, Saturday, Sunday were all blocked off or full. So I think I will x off Yushan sunrise day trip tour from Alishan to make up for the day lost. I was pretty nervous about housing arrangements because I had trouble figuring out where to stay and whether or not I would like it. At least this is international hosteling standard that I am used to. The staff was very friendly in helpine me get set up and iron out my itinerary. I decided to not go to Penghu, locals are not enthusiastic about it.




Then I decided to munch at the SanHe night market in SanChung. I had a very delicious roasted corn with sate sauce that crisped into a shell with sesame seeds. The corn was chewy and sweet. Very satisfying!


I also came across a Sri Lankan stand serving curry wraps. I had one and the chipatti was chewy and flakey, it was delicious. The filling however was too boring for me.



I stopped by a glasses place and tried out glasses. I am not sure about this but it was the best one of all on me. I bought one day disposible contact lenses for 350nt each box. It was the cheapest one and I am not sure if it's any good. If it works out I will get more.



I also stopped by a nail polish makeup stand to buy nail polish. It was fun having the other customer pick out a color for me.





In the evening my cousin's wife Joy taught me how to make Taiwanese Peanut Rice Milk. It was delicious. Soak a cup of rice in 1,000cc of water over night, put in blender and blend till smooth. Add a cup of dark charcol roasted peanuts and 1/3 cup of toasted sesame seeds into the blender and blend till smooth. Pour it into a pot and add 2,500cc water and turn the heat on high. Stir till bubbles at the surface, apx 7-10 minutes, turn off the heat and serve.