CheCheng



Day 8 Left early for the trip to Shuili. My cousin drove me and we stopped at various rest stops to get me educated. The rest stops in Taiwan is fun and very comfortable.








This was taken at the parking lot of the rest stop. People come here to sit and watch the night view.










The food is great and the place is a mini mall. I like all the road snacks you can buy and all the gift boxes you can buy.










The food is good here and so is the entire set up. There is also a mini aquatic aquariums in the mall. This place is set up better than most airports. Here are jelly fishes in this tank. I have not seen jelly fishes of these colors. My cousin told me about jelly fishes in Green Island where there are good snorkel sites. Well, I have heard many jelly fish stories and I prefer not to swim with them if they are everywhere. So I guess I will scratch out Green Island then. Snacks! Dried DoGan is popular in Taiwan.







People here don't go to places with empty hands, always carry gift boxes. The gift boxes have delicious goodies in beautiful boxes.
We got mushroom chips. I like these things they taste good. I wonder if they are fried then freeze dried. If so then it's not so good for the health. I may have to not eat any more of these delicious wonderful crunchy snacks.
My cousin and I decided to try this one that says stinky DoGan. We wondered if it would be stinky if you open the bag. We did and it wasn't stinky. I read the label carefully it's just named stinky that's all. And it wasn't very tasty. What am I doing to do with this entire bag of DoGan?


We met up with his inlaws who were at the monastery and we had lunch there. The place also had the most delicious sweet potato I've had so far, it tasted like there was honey in the sweet potato. Here is the sweet potato man and he is roasting the potato in classical oven.

















I rode the bike, called "iron horse" to CheCheng. I rode with his father inlaw, I will just refer to him as Grandpa Lee and a cousin in law Ding Hong to CheCheng. It's a cute place. Most of all, it felt really good and beautiful. Not a big place but just wonderful feeling. Makes you slow down your foots steps and slow down the gears between the ears.

We took the creek route to get to CheCheng. There were hills of which I couldn't climb with all my might and all my body weight. I didn't know how to shift gears and so I had to get off and walk my bike while Grandpa Lee made it up the hill just fine.
We also stopped by a peice of real estate for sale off the trail. Grandpa Lee decided it wasn't as valuable of a purchase. I told him it wasn't all play today, he squeezed some business in.



I was introduced to the wood factory, cedar wood mill. I like the feel of cedar wood and the feel of it. It's a beautiful wood. The mountains in this surrounding area is pretty and wonderful to look at.

This is my cousin Joy's cousin Ding Hong.





This is the train station preserved from it's original built.












Grandpa Lee is in the MeiZi business so he sees MeiZi everywhere.








These are old buildings still standing and being used as living quarters.

















These rice buckets are sold with your rice bowl combo for 400NT.


















Grandpa Lee runs into people everywhere. This is the son of a man who was his friend for years. He said at his age, people drop left and right, and then only the younger generation is left.



This man, another grandpa is only a year apart from Grandpa Lee. But look at the difference. He was in the Beetle Nut business and made a lot of money. He has one tooth left and looks so much older.

















This is the water pond where all the cedar logs were soaked in. Now it's a wonderful place to sit and just enjoy the beauty.




















This is a cedar wood mill museum plus cafe.








































In Taiwan the trash system is dump trash every day. When the truck comes, run out with your trash and toss in the truck yourself.

Mosquitos are everywhere, I am bit all over. I am not cold because I was buring from all the bites. I was handed cedar wood oil to repell the mosquitos. This works better than deet. A lot more organic and not toxic for you. I may have to rethink my stay here due to mosquitos and my possible plans to southern Taiwan and to the tropical beaches may have to cancel because of the mosquitos. Definately not going to camp.

In the evening I was not hungry at all. People came over and talked about the wedding they are having etc.. It was quite an education on things, how people do things and the significance of the reception in people connection and etc...