Is This Your Daughter?

Day 13 Fun sight to see- A mom on her moped with her toddler child standing and hanging on to the handle bars, calling her dog to hop for a ride on while all are in motion. Don't try this at home, yes and the child didn't have a helmet. Nasty sight to see- Smokers smoking, Beetle Nut Chewers chewing and talking and spitting Fun TV programs- 247 KTV station on Taiwanese songs cultural art station that teaches you how to paint bamboo etc... This morning I went to the market again and bought things I enjoyed eating. I met one of Mrs. Lee's taichi friends who had a morning market stall. I went to meizi factoy to use the internet and also ended up helping out with boxing of meizi candy for shipment. Everyone left for lunch and I had lunch alone in the office in front of a computer eating things I bought from the market all these yummy vegetarian goodies in bags in wonderful savory local flavors. I also made myself tea. It's a good thing to bring my own tea for the road. Every one has a different taste and enjoys different tea and I like my type of high mountain tea and I learned my my last Asia backpacking trip that I better carry my own tea just incase. I am so glad that I did. Daily good sleep, meditation, recitation, hotspring soaking do wonders. The dark spots under my eyes are shrinking, I didn't think it was possible, it has been frustrating all these years waking up in the morning and seeing these dark spots. I guess I just needed lots of rest, love, nurture, pampering, it's good medicine to wipe away fatigue and exhaustion. In the afternoon I went with Mrs. Lee to buy various items for the alter tomorrow and for Monday's cemetery visit day. We stopped at a fried stinky tofu place on the over pass looking over the river. There were people kayaking it. The river is shallow today but the rapids were fast. I wouldn't be in the water. Looks dangerous to me. I also ate red bean cake at another stall today. Mrs. Lee likes this stall, she likes it for the filling. I agree the filling is better here. But I like the other stall with better crust and not as good of a filling. I don't care for too much filling to begin with especially red bean. One of the elements that is a custom to do is burn paper money. The store owner tells their customer what to buy and how much and at what combination. I gather there isn't a blue book on how to do and what to do anywhere it is up to the store owner to educate the needy. It is hard to not walk out of there with two large bags of paper you've just spent a bundle on because you don't want to do the wrong thing. It's going to be smoky everywhere this weekend. Notice the US dollar bill stash that is in white, yup you can buy those too. We also stopped at a hat shop and looked for hats to buy. The owner asked if I was Mrs. Lee's daughter. It's interesting how this question's answer has evolved over the span of one week. Day one was, "She's my daughter's husband's Big Aunt's daughter from afar." Day two was, "She's my son in law's Big Aunt's daughter from afar." Day three was, "She's my niece." Today, Mrs. Lee just smiled and in agreement that I was her daughter. When we got back neither one of us was hungry but Mr. Lee was upset at the fact that he was eating alone and we were all done eating without him. So we all ate corn for dinner together. Come to think of it, Mr. and Mrs. Lee are like my parent's age but somehow all this time I saw them as grandparents instead. I call them Aunty and Uncle.