Yilan Overnight Trip

Day 26 I slept the entire ride over to Yilan. I was not keen on converstations about China tourists in Taiwan etc... We went to the Orchid Farm Garden. The orchids are beautiful to look at. I don't know why they are so healing to look at. I learned the orchids need nutrition to blossom. That they may rest 3 years dormant before they will blossom again.



I also really enjoy looking at these hand clay fired pots and vases for orchid pots.
Taking photos in the car is just as fun to do.


We went to MingChuan Vegetarian Restaurant for food. It is one of my favorite places to eat at. I really love wantons. I love their wantons. Their local Taiwanese vegetables are always tender, cripsy, fresh, sweet and flavorful. Here their tea is herbal and sweet.


















After lunch we went to a cultural town and classic ways of traditional art, food, and living is highlighted here. This was exactly what I wanted to see. I am glad I got to.











This is classic way of making candy strings, the strings are pulled like silk and when it is freshly done, when you bit into it, it is crispy and light and fluffy, very fun to eat.



I used to love eating these malt candy filled cookie sandwiches.  When it is fresh it is soft, sticky, and chewy.  It gets rock hard when it is not fresh.   

I think these were the original gum paste candy cake art.  This is real candy all dolled up, too pretty to eat I'd say.
 
I bought meizi and gobo savory jerky. It was all very delicious. They were expensive at $200 NT each. But it was yummy and super fresh.

I also like looking at shows here, they have shows featuring scense from classic legends.  I also love puppet shows and the art work involved in the costume designs.   










I like to watch people work and do their art.   This is the paper making section of the cultural town. 




I like watching people make paper umbrellas and desgin it.

 
I love these classic moon cake pastries. I would like to learn how to make them one day.  



















People like things cute in this culture.  They like to dangle cute trinkets on their purses or cell phones. 










It was fun watching people walk in these tripple slipper.










We checked into Shangrila Boutique Hotel.  A wedding reception set up was done for a wedding tomorrow.  We walked around and checked out the decor.  Here is the couple getting their photos done the night before. 











This pretty nice set up for where we are staying tonight. My mom has the bottom floor so she doesn't have to take the stair to pee at night. I am upstairs, I like it, I find it to be quieter.




Found a cockroach running across the floor in my loft.  This place has hotspring water running into your tub.  I like this part.  Dinner was served, Taiwanese food plated in western style.  I am not quite used to this fusion.  I totally forgot my mom snores at night, I am so glad I have ear plugs to help me sleep for the night.