Hot Spring and Silin Night Market

Day 21 I am deeply touched by unity in love, support, protection, nurture, care, kindness, patience people have for each other throughout the 3 generations. At the historical hotspring. I took pictures in the hotspring without knowing it was not allowed. I am glad I snapped this sweet photo of grandma and grandson. At the hotspring people were attracted to us and our relationships with each other.
We snacked on corn, fruit and juice.



This guy walked his dog in a stroller.
We walked to the nearby geothermal pool.


For lunch we went to a morning tradtional open market for lunch. My relatives felt sorry for me that I didn't eat meat, that I was missing out on good stuff. They don't get it's my free deliberate choice to be vegetarian no one forced me. I don't feel deprived. I feel really good about not adding to the killing in this world and suffering of living beings.
This is a bun stand and the buns looked good. They only did wholesale orders to restaurants and other vendors.
When these peach buns are fresh they are truely yummy. It's called peach buns because they are shaped in the peach shape. It is always stuffed with redbean paste. It's a birthday must have.
After lunch we went to Vivian's place for a nap. Joy didn't have a place to nap so she picked the table and so my cousin her husband walked away from the couch and sat next to his wonderful wife and did the same, not as comfortable as the couch but it wouldn't sit right with him to enjoy in comfort by himself. What a good husband, I think it's a secret to the success of his marriage.
Refridge trinkets. People get pretty into collecting stuff like happy meal toys or cereal toys.
We all squeezed into a mini van. You can do things like this in Taiwan. We squeed a lot of people in one car in order to not have to deal with parking problems.
Food at the night market. One of my favorite snacks to eat.
Pretty hot tonight and there is a lot of us. Locals really dispise going to the night market because of the crowd. It's really a place for tourists and high school kids.
Joy, pulling out her tricks in getting Lena to eat some of her dinner.
This vendor posting her spot without a vendor permit. Unfortunately she is also getting a ticket.
I love watching cotton candy getting made.
These are called fried twins. They are doughy like donut and two are place together like twins and you pull then apart to eat. They are good when fresh out of the fryer.
The cops came for their round and everyone on the street folded their goods and ran from the cops. They know the hideout really well and the routine so in about 15 minutes they swing back out and unfolded their goods to continue to sell without a permit. It's pretty fun to watch.

This grass jelly drink was super yum. It lived up to the hype.
What's better than a candy store for a girl, a hairband store.