Three Generations at Taroko National Park

Day 20 con't I have really enjoyed the companies of Huangs and Shihs. The Shihs were kind to drop me off at the visitor's center to meet up with my relatives who were all waiting for me on a hired bus. There were three generations of us. The last time we traveled like this was when I was small enough to be carried on someone's shoulders. I have been looking forward to this leg of the trip. We stopped at an aboriginal restaurant for lunch and lessons on tradtional tribal dance.



I love old school cooking and utensils. Anything cooked in bamboo buckets and lotus leaves tastes really good. Mom somehow manged to turn lunch into an ordeal. First she insisted on serving me food with fish in it and telling me to just pick out the fish. Ya you try sitting on the toilet for the entire night and feel like all your inside gut is going to flush out into the toilet and then come back and tell me to just pick out the fish or meat from the dish. Then she made a fuss to have new dishes additional to the package lunch set made for me. All of it was unnecessay and turned into a big drama show, yes hand it to my mom make that happen, you can count on it. I really don't like all this fuss. I ate a big breakfast in preparation for a nonvegetarian day. I was happy with just the rice. I really don't like people staring at me this way, causing additional work for others.

My cousin entertaining kids on the bus with hand games.
This is my mother's older brother Masa and his wife. They are sweetest people in the world. I really enjoy being with them, there just is a sense of ease and comfort and safety.
All the parents with cameras capturing things on technology. And when will we ever see the products of their artwork?.....

Both women complained of close up shots saying their wrinkles will show on record. I had to keep a distance of a few feet in order to have permission to photograph.
A game of eagle catching the chickens during a popcile break.
I think it's cute my cousin and his wife wears matching outfits.
This is the bus we hired.
We stopped to check out motorcycle riders and their gear setup with camers.


Sections of trails here require hard hats for falling rocks. I put my headlamps on incase we planned on going through caves.
This is what fallen rocks did to the cememt ground, just think without hard hat, it could be someone's skull.


Swallow birds nests in the walls of these mountain cliffs.











For dinner we stopped by uncle Masa's best friend's farm in HuaLien with RailRoad Obento. RailRoad Obento is a specific type of food with classic flavors very famous in this area.
He had homegrown organic corn boiled with sugar cane waiting for us.


He's a super kind person.

HuaLien Train Station is famous for mochi goodies to buy for gifts. It if full of gift shops all on snacks.
This is us taking up an entire escalater at the train station.
I love hand made classic brown sugar mochi. It's perfect.
The girls are going homework on the train for their summer homework.

Lots of ways to pass time. I stood the whole ride to give my mom a chance to sleep on the train.


Everyone is so good with kids, they must have been born to be parents. What a blessing to be their children.