Ah-Gei

Day 8
We took the metro to Taipei Zoo station and switched onto the Maokong Line. We went to MaoKong to take the Gandola up the mountain and have lunch at the scenic spot with 1st uncle and his wife. When it was our turn to get on the Gondola, there were signs of thunder and everything was shut down. Park workers offered stools to sit on and water for all those in line. It was very nice service. We sat and waited for over an hour eating popcorn and roasted peanuts.


Then we gave up and went Dan Shui Wharf to walk around. They were feeling really bad for me that they starved me and also didn’t let me do any tourist sight seeing things. So they were determined to make it up for me at Dan Shui. Well, we walked and walked and finally ate a local famous dish called “ah-gei”. It’s a stuffed tofu pouch with a special red sauce.

They were pretty tired and we returned at 6:30pm. They insisted I stay for dinner and stay over to sleep. They are really good host and totally looked forward to taking me to MaoKong where they find the scenery romantic for night viewing skyline or day sipping tea and snacking on local specialties. Well, that didn’t work out as they planned due to weather. Regardless, I enjoyed my day with 1st uncle and his wife today. They are funny and sweet and cute together. I am learning Taiwanese from them at the rate they are learning English from me. It's funny.