DIY Beads Craft District

Day 15 con't
After lunch I went to the Underground Mall Government Tourist Agency with free tourist info and internet access. There are maps, and lots of tour information here. I am glad I didn't buy any tour books at the bookshop.

Taipei Underground Mall
This is what students do when it is hot out and it is Friday afternoon. You hang out in the mall where the A/C is on full blast, drinks, food, restroom, metro are all within foot steps away. You just all cram together and play your DX or other video games.

It is common in Taipei to have computer games for you to try out, but most people just sit and fight each other and battle it out. You know when they sit, it's gonna take awhile. You do it in groups so you can keep the game going even if you have to use the restroom or take a break to eat.




This is the stage area in the mall, where students can have talent show performances and their friends can come and rally them on. There are seats in this section of the mall so I sat and watched. I have no idea what I was watching but it was nice to sit down and chill.


I got onto the metro again to exit at the Taipei Station and used exit #3 to go to YenPing BeiLu (YenPing North Road) to shop at the DIY Craft District. I mainly wanted to go to a Crystal Bead shop that is on that street in Section 1 #19. I spent a long time there picking out cyrstal beads, angel hair crystals, rose quarts, etc... At one point the store manager pulled out the mic and played karaoke over the sound system. It was hilarious and to die, the same time. I was glad when he stopped singing. I guess when you are the manager or shop owner you can do whatever you want even if you can't sing a note in tune or on beat. All these crystal beads I bought, I spent a lot of money at the shop. Now how am I going to carry it back, they are heavy.