MSG Tongue

Day 6
Made lunch today for my 4th aunty, I said no salt and MSG to vegetables. It's was a shocker. The vegetables here in Taiwan are very tender and delicious as is. I think MSG ruins the flavor by masking the sweet unique taste of each vegetable. I made Italian pasta with fresh oregano, salt, black pepper and King Oyster mushroom. And country potatoes with fresh thyme, black peppers, and salt. It's quite delicious, but she can't taste the flavor and appreciate it. Too used to MSG. What a waste of food experience to not be able to taste things other than MSG the recognized chemical that tells the brain, this is good food because it has MSG. Oh well.

It rained this evening. I went out and scouted for things at night and when I returned I came across my cousin Chuan Feng who was smoking outside waiting for his girlfriend to arrive. I told him my situation and asked him to bail me out, rescue me if he hears any yelling when I face my mom and his mom. He did a good job in paying attention and no more break outs. He kept doing eye signaling and facial communications with me in the midst of many parents. It's was all so funny. Good team work.

His girlfriend Joanne is a hair stylist and came after her work to do his parent’s and my mom’s hair. She helped to die all their greys to black.This is the before picture.


This is the after picture.