First Here, Last There

Day 1
After landing at 10pm I waited for my luggage, it was one of the last ones. It took 45 minutes to get my luggage. I worried and thought I might have been confiscated or lost. Everyone else got their's and left, the carousal was vacant and then…. there was my luggage. I think I might have been the first to check in at SFO so my luggage came out last.

When I exited the customs doors I saw my 4th aunty waving at me. She told me my mom and 3rd aunty went to the announcement desk to call for me thinking I went ahead and took the bus on my own this time again. It was 11pm when I made it out the customs.
Got into 3rd uncle in law's car and everyone was quiet and there was a weird tension in the car. Something is going on and I am to find out.

My cousin Chen Chen who was not in the military yet the last time I was here is now about to get out of the military. He already has a job lined up and was due to report early this month but he was still in the military and will start a month later in June. He is a web designer. I remember that he told me that was not his passion but it was what he was good at and so this was the department that he was accepted into. His brother Chan Chan loves this field but didn’t quite make the marks into this department but was strong in another field that Chen Chen was interested in. So they both did a swap. Now it’s all working out well for the both of them. I guess they have both adapted and adjusted and thrived.

I also found out my oldest uncle has first stage bladder cancer and is doing injection treatment. It's has taken a toll on his body and definitely his wife too by caring for him. He has two more treatments to go. They are hoping this will control it and will not progress further. He previous already had a tumor removed and now this.

Made it to Taiwan, it's hot and humid here.