Flight to Taipei

I put three luggages into one and arrived at the airport 2 plus hours early. My three into luggage was was 33 kilos which comes out to almost 70 pounds. This explained why I had trouble lifting it into my sister’s trunk. So at the check in I pulled out a bag and redistributed the weight. I spent the rest of my waiting time watching people from all parts of the world moving across my vision. Ever since I could remember I would just sit quietly somewhere and just watch people. I seemed to like to do this and never find myself bored this way.

I got onto the plane and my window seat did not have a window. I was in an isle row by the emergency exit right next to all the toilets, bad feng-shui for me. The middle seat was empty and in the isle seat was Amol, from Mumbai who was also vegetarian.

I asked the stewardess if I could switch seats after the plane has taken off when everyone has sat down. She told me to do the switch then instead of waiting for take off and which row was empty. I went for it and right after that everyone else was eyeing for open rows. I learned from one flight that I took years ago when I sat with the entire row empty but it didn’t last long. I should have sat in the middle of three because someone else switched seats and sat in the row with me. The guy snored the whole way and leaned over and blocked the exit. It was very uncomfortable. This time I remembered and sat in the middle seat. I also remembered from past experience that I enjoy three pillows for my neck and two blankets to cover and then something for under my knee to properly rest my back. Since I am not very tall a row of three economy seats with the handle bars lifted I can stretch across just fine. I was pretty tired, I had very little rest this week due to this sudden flight arrangement.

The Indian girl sitting in front of me asked me for an extra blanket but refused to ask the stewardess for an extra blanket. I didn't bother to help her. I guess if she really wanted it and needed it she would ask from the stewardess. It’s funny how I find people who would just ask me for things or information when they really should ask the stewardess because I don’t work for the airline and I don’t have the information. I don’t know why they would refuse to ask the stewardess and prefer to ask me.