RouHe Hot Pot Buffet

Day 15
One of my favorite places to go is Rou He Hot Pot Buffet. I take the metro and get off at ZhongXiao FuXing in Dong Cue (Eastern District). I walk through the underground mall and take the #14 exit onto the street level where Peace Square is. I head onto Da An Road and make a right at Seven Eleven where Dunhua Nan Lu (DunHua South Road) Section 1, 160 Row, #58. The restaurant is on the right. Another landmark for the street it is on is this shop that sells pastry with redbean, taro, daikon filling.


When you sit down for lunch you have two options one is lunch special that comes with soup, rice, noodels and entree you order from for 180yuan and they all looked great. But I came for the hot pot buffet. So how this works is lunch hot pot buffet is 299 yuan. The buffet aside from hot pot goodies also includes, ice cream, fruits, dessert, appetizer, etc... Lunch is from 11-2pm.

You can order 2-3 types of soups for your pot. I ordered 2 types of soups, Ma La (spicy) and Kombu (seaweed)










I like yam leaves, napa cabbage, green cabbage, bok choy, and tomato to add to the soup base.





I like all these vegetarian goodies made out of soy, mushroom, konyaku, etc... These round balls on the top left of the pictureare one of my favorites. When you bit into them in the soup, there is actually soup inside the ball that squirts out, careful to not burn yourself.


Fresh young bamboo shoots and baby corn are so tender and sweet. can't get it in the US. It's a must have for me when I am here.





The abundance of delicious sweet fresh exotic mushrooms are so awesome. I like to put them in my soup. So what you do is like fondu, you take from the buffet bar all the things you like and then put them in the soup to cook when you want to eat. You then get dip it in sauces you make from the sauce bar or eat as it with the soup. The idea is you cook as you and enjoy taking your time.