Thirteen Hour Chatting Marathon


Day 9
I went to lunch with 1st uncle's wife, daughter Alice, husband, and her son Eason. We went to a western cuisine place with very nice setting called Skylark. It claimed to be Californian cuisine. But it’s not California cuisine as we know it.

We drove by the Taiwanese White House and was going to visit the old residence of the Chiang President but it rained, we couldn’t find parking and both 1st uncle and his wife fell asleep in the car. We decided to head back for tea.

We went back to 1st uncle's place and we chatted till 11:40pm. I think I broke all time record. I talked from 10:30am to 11:40pm. It was fun and I didn't get tired. I like them a lot. I really enjoy spending time with them. It was a thirteen hour chatting marathon, very Taiwan. I drank and ate all day. That's just how it goes. It's a nice way to build relationship and bond. I don't really know them or remember them, same goes for them too I think. So it's nice. I think such moments are precious and makes trips to Taiwan worth it.

My cousin Alice handed a gift to her mom this afternoon, a Gucci purse from Hong Kong and reminding her to use it instead of letting it collect dust. That was funny.

Alice helped to cook noodles for dinner and she insists that she can pick up all the noodles from the boiling water without a strainer. The funny part was the conversation she and her father had. My uncle insists that everyone uses a strainer and that’s what chefs do. Alice on the other hand insist on she can be a chef without the strainer.


I love seaweed.




Harris is the oldest son of two. His father is the second child of 1st uncle. Harris shares everything during lunch, making sure everyone had a piece of his steak. He is a virgo ox. He helped to give Eason a bath. He had a Chinese Chess tournament the next day and was warming up this afternoon with others. It was fun to watch.