First Shower in Two Weeks!

Day 12 National Parks 2011

I got up at 7am and went back to bed for the next two hours.  I heated beans and lime tomato tortilla.  I packed potato into the bucket to chill and cleaned up BBQ gear from my car.  I just tucked it all in last night.  The seasoning in the Cast Iron Dutch Oven is good, I did a good job.  It took me a week to layer each layer on.  I wiped it with paper towel and everything came off. 


Another way to travel and camp

At 11am I stepped outside the restroom and almost twisted my left ankle.  I caught the wall and hung on for support.  It really saved me.  I would have to be in a wheel chair if I disabled my left ankle too.  I feel much better than yesterday.  I can put pressure on my leg but I can’t lift my right foot or flex, so I can’t step on the gas pedal.  I can’t drive yet, I am tent bound again, so this is how it goes.  It’s a good thing I’ve got time and I don’t need to rush.  I reserved days here.  I thought about turning my hiking poles into crutches but I think it is best to just rest. 

It was cloudy grey, very chilly, wet, and it snowed again.  It was a perfect condition for meditation.  I packed the car getting it ready for tonight’s shower.  I went to lay down to rest after lunch and I ended up sleeping for four and half hours.  My arm and leg are swollen from the fall.  I can’t clasp my hand or grip it.  I can only use my left hand for everything.  Basically my entire right side of my body is totally out.  Fortunately the internal organs on my right side are still working. 


At 4pm the snow stopped and the sun peeked through.  I was able to take a layer of jacket off.  I ate bread and chocolate with Darjeerling tea.  The bread is moist, chewy, fluffy, soft and was perfect without having to reheat it.  It is vegan too.  It is not labeled vegan but the ingredient list is.  It was perfect and really hit the spot. 

I went for my shower, first one in 13 days.  I haven’t washed my hair for 7 days.  I stood in the changing room and laughed at myself, silly, like I had just found out I won the lotto or something.  I spent an hour in the shower room.  I stood until my hands pruned.  Then I just stood in the dressing room because it was warm.  I did my nails and cuticles.  It felt great to not have to wear layers.  I felt clean and that felt great.  The tan thought I had on my skin which I discovered was actually a layer of dirt not a tan.  I sat in the laundry room to charge my batteries and to cool down from the shower as a transition to the snow outside.  I hung out for 56 minutes until the place closed.  It was warm there, and the shower was $3.50 without a time limit.  What a deal!  They took credit cards too! 

The couple that is staffed in the laundry shower facility are from Arkansas.  They live here in the summer and then go home to grandkids to have a relationship with them.  They are a very nice sweet couple. 

I had a déjà vu at the shower tonight.  I have seen me sitting at the table with laundry behind me. 

I felt hungry but I decided to just go to bed.  In bed I realized I was physically full.  I felt tension in my third chakra.  It was a sickening feeling.  I did not feel safe.  I felt like I was experiencing withdrawal from something deadly.  It was a sickening experience.  I prayed for spiritual help, I was just in too much pain.  I couldn’t sleep tonight.  I felt like hurling and barfing out every cell in my body.