People and The Stories They Carry


In the morning I hung out with Jojo and Caroline.  I brought Hello Kitty lollipops for her.  It turns out Jojo is on Sweet consequence time out.  She has two more days until she can have sweets.  I think the whole idea is deferred gratification and learning lessons.  She was trying her way out of it with hinting salty cracker treats instead.   I think the Hello Kitty lollipops is worth the wait.   We had food at Symphonies a vegan restaurant.  Lunch was nice.  I really enjoyed our time together. 

I went and got bread at Cheeseboard.  I got two baguette rolls for $1.36.  I also got two slices of cheese I didn’t want to eat but saw I should buy them so I did.  As I stepped out of the shop I saw the place to sit was on the left bench outside the door. 

There I met Rosie Ramirez from Honduras working in Kensington, going to night adult school and taking yoga three times a wee.  Whose husband died two years ago while working at a bank, during a robbery he got shot and died on the spot.  They have been married since they were 17 and have two daughters.  One is studying in San Jose State University in graphic design.  The other daughter is studying in San Francisco University majoring in psychology.  She has been in US for four years.  I gave her my cheese and offered my bread.  I think the cheese was for her.  She and her broken English plus my broken Spanish, we managed to converse for an hour.  It is just like this, share food, talk, connect, finish karmic cycle, heal, and move on. 

Then an Indian mom with four kids sat to the left of me with three art pads and a travel water color kit all sat and looked at the same corner and drew what they saw and colored it in with water color.  I found it so inspiring. 

Met up with Audrey and Stacy, we went to Flaco’s for dinner, a girls get together.  We then had tea and chocolate.  Audrey had to air out her pain and trauma in volunteering in CTTB for the past six months.  She was on a verge of a meltdown.  The sadness and insane pain in her eyes were difficult to look at.  Instead of asking her about things, I just talked about me, my days, Oprah, etc.. She can’t think, she doesn’t know what she wants, even simple things like dinner item.  I chatted about Oregon just to take a breather on the eye focusing on Audrey’s problems. 

We then met up with Loc to chat about The Fountain Project.  Loc went at it like a doctor on Audrey.  She was comfortable in his presence, things turned around for her then.  She started to talk about her fears and worries.  We spent the next two and half hours going back and forth on dreams, healing, and esoteric stuff.

Stacy mentioned many times tonight my house on the street, my garden and dinner parties, lots of talks we had and that she missed them.  She suggested we get together like this with Audrey in the future.