Point Reyes

I woke up at 6:45am and was at Emeryville by 8:20am to pick up Toure and John for Point Reyes day hike.  We went to Acme bakery for bread, I got an olive round and a sweet round and cinnamon walnut current bread.  For breakfast they had apple turnovers and cinnamon roll. 

We stopped by Peets for coffee and for me to pee.  They drink coffee, I was not aware of this until now.  I saw Yadolla at Teance and stopped by because he made the effort to drop his mop and open the door for us so as we passed by.  I stopped to say hi and he offered tea, tea to go.  I told him I would be gone for three months this summer to camp all over and it felt really good to see him before I left.  Sam served me the cup of tea to go with gratitude and kindness.  My heart received it with peace and joy. 

The car ride over was somehow about u-turns and missing turns.  It was all a kind of obstruction.  I had previously felt this and was determined to push through it.  The ride in the car was fun, we joked about funny things, comedians etc… time flew by.  

We were at the ranger station by 10:34am and we checked out trails etc… Toure was all about the forest and John was all about the coastal trails.  We decided to do both and did the meadow trail to sculptured beach.   It was 3:30 when we sat and had lunch at the beach.  It was windy and we dipped bread in the palak paneer I had brought from the trunk, all ready to eat out of the pouch. 

The entire hike to the ocean was fun.  We chatted nonstop and sang.  The topic of conversations ranged from parallel universe to super heroes of comics to singing songs etc.  I had so much fun and effortlessness in interactions with them.  We took care of each other and looked after each other.  We helped each other on steps and shrubs in the trails. 
Why is it that every time there was so much obstruction for us getting together and doing things and learning about each other, helping each other out and deepening the bond?  How are we a threat to anyone or anything?  Or is our lack of interaction, in our separation itself is a kind of destructive force for each one of us?     



How I have missed such company in the likes of them.  I am so glad this day happened.  It was long overdue.  This is the beginning of a new era in my life.  I am so grateful.     

John wanted to hike along the coast and go to the coast camp, an extra 2 miles hike and then loop out back to the parking lot.  It was late and windy, I was cold.  I know the time we need to do this extra 2 miles and I would prefer to not have to hike in the dark without a head lamp.  Plus with respect to the White Horseman’s protection of the exchange of sun walkers of the day and moon walkers of the night realms, I wanted not push the system.  When you know better you do better and this is doing better. 

John wanted to press forward and Toure had the last say, and he decided to go back.  The way back is all incline.  The guys wanted to summit Mt. Wittenberg another .4 miles round trip.  I split with the guys to continue to the parking lot after checking to make sure that they could do that without me, hopefully not get lost and we would meet back on the trail I was on.  They later said they got lost, it was dark and creepy, they never made it to the top. 

I felt the return hike was intense.  Everyone was tired, focused and upset we didn’t do the coast camp.  The hike to the ocean John led.  The hike out to parking lot Toure led.  I learned a lot about John’s care and him as a teacher.  He is a very detailed, careful, thoughtful person and very capable leader in carrying out his plans.  I was impressed.  The hike out was quiet, not a lot of talking or joy.  Toure’s knee hurt.  We hiked 8 hours today. 
I split from the guys at the 8 mile mark, I hiked the rest on my own.  I knew I wanted to pee before the parking lot, and did so before the guys caught up to me.  They did a follow creep in ninja thing.  They turned it into a game and the mood shifted from intense drag to fun again. 

At the parking lot I mixed hot coco for me and Toure, John declined.  Toure went to use the restroom and I closed my eyes and felt a strong and stable head.  Even just 3 minutes of meditation was better than none and it was quality better than quantity.

While hiking today, I saw two large very tall protector behind me.  They were in white and were Heavenly earth strong.  They were stable and respectful.  I asked,  “Who are they?”  I heard, “They are with John.” 

In the car John got into business mode on the paperwork for the apartment.  He was quite upset over it.  It’s been an awful time for them.  It’s all a part of growing up.  

During a conversation about a scratched camera I missed the 101 south entrance and was up at Novato, yup, another u-turn of the many u-turns today.  

Both Toure and John fell asleep in the car.  John slept the entire ride.  John wanted Chinese food.  I heard him telepath wanting to pay for dinner.  I telepath him back, telling him to save his money for school.  We went to Long Life for dinner and John paid for dinner anyways. 

We all agreed that more people on this trip would be fun.  But I am not up for organizing anything.  My organizing days are done.