Cards For Service Men and Women

Went to Mercy Center Youth Gathering tonight. I was the only one there along with Sister Patsy. I was glad I went. What was she going to do with all those cards and snacks all by herself. I decorated cards and wrote gratitude and wishes for their quick return home. Ate way too much snacks. I so need to go off the holiday food fest thing.

Then I went to join the Taize. There were 6 pieces of instruments tonight; piano, mandolin, flute, violin, cello, guitar. I really liked the combination, what a treat it was. I don't know what it is, but the air, the chi, the meditation-prayer space is soft, spacious, and uplifting. It is better than any spa treatment.

I am a good chi junkie, addict. I just like to hang out in places, with people who have good chi. I just feel so free to breath, to exist, to think, to be. Most important, I do feel it is all going to be okay. It is a feeling of security, peace, refuge. I am so grateful for such experiences.

Then I joined some friend for badminton at Affinity Badminton Gym in San Carlos. I got a bit lost and took me awhile to find the place. It was almost 10pm before I started to play. So I played and played knowing my workout is short tonight. No matter, quality over quantity. I was able to pick up the doubles backhand serve tonight. I still have the volley drive down the court. I am able to hop a bit tonight on the follow through. I don't have any back hand to speak of. My side to side court hustle isn't too bad, not great, at least I can try. But my forward court footwork is totally lagging. I am gonna have to work on that. It would help a lot if I just stop to eat all this holiday junk, more sweet, more oil, more starch, more complex processed foods. I was seriously telling myself on the court today, "all this crap food is killing me! quit it!"

It is 12:30am, I am stuffed even after a workout. I am totally wired and awake. This is what happens after meditation, prayer, and a good happy workout. I get wired.